04 Dec 2019
When we take the name sunglasses an image of a fashionable and fun accessory comes into our mind. Sunglasses is something that both adults and children can wear to flaunt their great fashion sense. But it is not restricted to the fashion and style statement. Sunglasses are an accessory that also has high functionality along with a high ability to make a style statement. Good quality sunglasses protect our eyes from harmful ultraviolet rays of the sun. It is these ultraviolet rays that damage our eyesight and leads to the development of cataract in our eyes when exposed for longer period of time. So when an adult of a child is involved in an outdoor activity, it is important for them to wear sunglasses and protect their eyes from harmful ultraviolet rays of the sun.
When you go to buy sunglasses for yourself, there is n number of brands in the market selling high-quality sunglasses with amazing look. You may not get that wide range of variety for kids but there are certain brands that are selling authentic sunglasses for kids. If you are confused about how to select the right sunglasses for your little one, we have come up with certain tips that can help you in doing so.
- 1. The first and foremost tip to be kept in mind while selecting sunglasses for kids is you should buy real sunglasses for them. Many manufacturers also sell simple glasses with black lenses in the name of sunglasses. You should not fall in their trap and insist on sunglasses that have lenses with real ultraviolet rays’ protection coating. Sunglasses should serve their purpose of protecting the children from harmful u-v rays of the sun when they are playing outdoor. Since children spend more time outdoors due to sports and other activities, buying authentic sunglasses becomes all the more important for them.
- 2. Another factor to be taken into consideration is the look of the sunglasses. Many children may be reluctant to wear sunglasses and see it as a burden on their nose. They might think it is an obstruction and not letting them play freely. But if you develop their interest in the pair of sunglasses brought for them and then encourage them to wear it, they might actually end up wearing it throughout the day. Children like attractive things in bright and beautiful colors, prints and patterns. When you are selecting sunglasses for them don’t select boring sunglasses with black frames. On the contrary go for bright reds, blue, green, yellow or orange. Today you get a plethora of authentic kid’s sunglasses in the market with beautiful frames. You can select a frame having their favorite cartoon, nursery print, print of space or planets, print of a superhero and they will definitely show interest in wearing it.
- 3. You can also take your child along with you when you go to buy sunglasses for them. Let those select sunglasses of their choice. When they have selected the glasses themselves, they will have an attachment with them and will be more inclined to wear them throughout the day. Apart from that, you will have a clearer idea about their preferences and choice which will help you in future endeavors of shopping for kids. As the kids will learn to choose and decide what to buy, it will also develop decisiveness in them.
- 4. Another very important factor to be considered while buying sunglasses for the kids is Nose Bridge fitting of the sunglasses. Since Nose Bridge of children is not fully developed, sunglasses will tend to slip from their nose easily. It is better to select sunglasses that have good Nose Bridge fitting and do not slip from the nose of the child. You can try several sunglasses to find the best one which fits the nose of the child.
- 5. Since children mostly need to wear sunglasses during outdoor sporting events, it is important to but sunglasses with shatterproof lenses. If the lenses are not shattered proof, they may break while playing. It can lead to serious injury in eyes or on the face of the child. It is better to buy sunglasses with shatterproof lenses and keep the child safe both from sun rays and from injury while he or she plays outdoor. You can buy sports sunglasses for kids. They are a little expensive but they are made of shatterproof lenses, have a very good fitting and also offer 99% protection from harmful ultraviolet rays of the sun.
- 6. As a parent, you can wear sunglasses whenever you go out of the sun. This will set a role model in front of the kids and even they will be encouraged to wear sunglasses when going or playing outside.
You can check an exclusive range of sunglasses for kids
only at www.crya.in.