26 Apr 2019
Don't we all just love winters? But with this weather that makes us long for hot chocolate, cozy blankets and stylish boots can also be a little tough on the little ones.
The runny nose and the omnipresent cough is just inevitable. The cough syrups get used up like ketchup. However, there is nothing like some conventional home remedies that work like magic.
To help the parents we are sharing a few homemade antidotes:
1. Grandma's syrup: This is a homemade cough syrup. Take a glass of water. Add some fresh grated turmeric and ginger to it. Crush 5-6 cloves, 5-6 black peppercorns, 2-3 green cardamoms, 1 black cardamom and add this to the water. Add 5 tulsi leaves and a cinnamon stick to the water. Let it boil till the water reduces to half. Strain it and store it in a glass bottle. When required, take a few spoons, warm it, add honey and give it to your child
2. Golden Milk: This is the good old "haldi wala doodh" with a twist. Take a glass of milk, add a little more than a pinch of turmeric powder to it, a ground green cardamom, and grate some nutmeg in it. Let it boil and simmer for a few minutes. Prepare two cups for the day (morning and evening) and keep it hot and fresh in a stainless steel flask or thermos.
3. Ginger: Honey Concoction: take half tablespoon of ginger juice, add a pinch of powdered black pepper to it and honey. Mix it all well and give it your child. Your little one will find it spicy so keep some lukewarm handy.
4. Lukewarm Water: This is no medicine but this sure soothes a sore throat. Boil some water and store it in a stainless-steel flask to sip on it the whole day without making continuous rounds to the kitchen.
5. Hope these simple homemade remedies cure your winter chills. You can check out our range of glass bottles and stainless-steel bottles to keep your liquids warm in this cold.